Great information session was held yesterday by Linked to Life at the Woolgoolga Seniors Centre.
We were pleased to be involved with Linked to Life in Woolgoolga ( http://linkedtolife.org.au/ ) with Nick giving an information session covering a range of topics that are relevant to the seniors in our community.
- New technologies available and how this can benefit them.
- NBN what it all means and how it will affect them if they don’t want the internet and what happens when the copper network is disconnected.
- Phone scams and how the elderly are targeted, what to look out for and where to get help.
- Telemarketers and the no call list.
- Governing bodies for the telecommunication industry and how they can help and how to contact them.
- Information about Valaxus and what we can offer in the way of advice and products available.
We look forward to doing more of these sessions for the community in the future.
P.S. they put on a great lunch afterwards too thanks guys!